Cowboys Dak Prescott gives major update on injury I could pl

Ако имате повече от един акаунт пишете тук

Cowboys Dak Prescott gives major update on injury I could pl

Мнениеот seestyle на Чет Мар 21, 2024 10:19 am

funneling in and out of the building as the attempt to identify their definitive backup for the 2021 season, with all questions regarding their starter now in the rearview. In March, the club was finally able to secure to a longterm deal, signing him to a that can escalate to $164 million if he leads them to multiple Super Bowls. And that's certainly Nick Chubb Jersey his plan, but it begins with his health -- as he works to return to the field from a season-ending ankle fracture suffered in Week 5 of the 2020 season against the .He's since undergone the mandatory initial surgery to repair the damage and a subsequent voluntary procedure on the ankle to strengthen it, the latter having sped up his recovery and put him on pace to be available for the start of Cowboys OTAs. As reported in February by CBS Sports, , and sources stated in mid-May -- something Prescott himself now confirms publicly."I'm doing well," he said in an interview with Sage Steele of ESPN. "A lot of adversity, but to be sitting here now with a healthy leg and a happy heart, I'm excited. When I got hurt, I said I wasn't going to let anyone put a time on it, because Joe Thomas Jersey I'm a competitive guy, and I knew once I heard the 4-6 month timeframe I was going to try to beat that, but I also knew I didn't have to be ready until fall."All told, and not only is Prescott doing well, but if the Cowboys had to play in an actual game ahead of June -- he'd be the starter."I'm right on pace," he added. "I'm healthy if we had to play a game now, I could go out there and be very succe sful. Start the game, finish the game and not even worry about the leg." Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Chris Hubbard Jersey Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. All of this said, the approach to his return will remain measured by the Cowboys medical staff. Prescott will participate in OTAs and to a large degree but, as noted by head coach Mike McCarthy, they have no need to fully remove the reigns just yet; and so they won't."I think he'll do most things," McCarthy told media of the Cowboys' blueprint for Prescott in upcoming OTAs and minicamp. "There's a plan in place that is coordinated with trainers Britt Brown and Jim Maurer in the training room. But I know he feels really good. He's had some excellent workouts here in the past couple weeks."I see him doing most of the work."A healthy Prescott is paramount to the Cowboys offense returning to its prolific Christian Kirksey Jersey ways, having again been ranked No. 1 in the league before he went down with Jarvis Landry Jersey injury. The 27-year-old was also on pace to obliterate the single-season pa sing record held by Hall of Famer , a potency the team couldn't come close to duplicating with a merry-go-round of backups that included . There continue to be no concerns regarding Prescott's health going forward, from neither him nor the organization, and his previous durability helps frame the overall picture on the former fourth-overall pick turned franchise QB. After all, prior to his injury in 2020, Prescott hadn't mi sed a single start -- or even a single practice -- since joining the Cowboys in 2016 for what became a record-setting rookie season. He's looking forward to starting that ironman streak again in 2021, and nothing indicates he'll be unable to.

seestyle
Резерва в "Б" група

Назад към Мултита