Good for Julio Jones plus the USMNT won a thriller over Mexi

Ако имате повече от един акаунт пишете тук

Good for Julio Jones plus the USMNT won a thriller over Mexi

Мнениеот seestyle на Чет Мар 21, 2024 9:49 am

Hi everybody! This is Gabe Fernandez coming to you not live at Nigel Bradham Jersey an undisclosed compound in the United States to guide you to the start of the week this fine Monday morning.Today's newsletter will cover the still-absolutely-wild-to-think-about boxing match between Floyd Mayweather and YouTuber Logan Paul. It was a reminder that we live in hell, but also got me thinking of what kind of insane competitions between a celebrity and a profe sional athlete we could put together. Maybe we could get a recently-retired NBA player to go up against an actor known for his basketball-playing. , let's get him to ball against, like, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, who was last seen balling in the Big Three. CBS Sports HQ Newsletter Your Ultimate Guide to Every Day in Sports We bring sports news that matters to your inbox, to help you stay informed and get a winning edge. I agree to receive the "CBS Sports HQ Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. Anyways, what else could we put together?Today we've got the aforementioned "bout," getting traded and NBA postseason updates. Let's go! What you need to know1. Julio Jones gets traded to the Of course we're going to kick things off with one of the greatest receivers of his generation getting traded. Thanks to our cornucopia of NFL writers on staff, Jones's move to Tenne see has been di sected every which way one could po sibly break such a thing down. There's a post for those interested in: How the deal Who's And, of course, the Wow, that's so much Nick Foles Jersey content! To just dip your toes in the large body of water that we've created with Jones-related articles, here's football scribe Cody Benjamin explaining why the are the "loser" of this trade.Benjamin: "It's hard to argue with this reasoning, especially given how when you think about recent major trades involving high-caliber receivers leaving teams, there's usually some narrative painting the move as selfish, and demonizing the player's character. There's almost none of that for Jones, which speaks to how badly the Falcons have me sed things up.Even the most curmudgeonly football fan can only shrug their shoulders and think "good for Julio!" And good for him indeed. Loyalty to one team can only get you so far, and now that that loyalty is gone, he's on not just a playoff contender, but a team that's been elevated to a Super Bowl contender. You thought the would be ruling the AFC for years to come, well here are the Titans now challenging Kansas City for that role. As a fan, I'll be awaiting the inevitable revenge-revenge game in the postseason where Jones puts up a 300-yarder against Baltimore. As a football fan, I can't deny how fun this is going to be.2. NBA Playoffs: Clippers get it done against Mavericks; Hawks take Game 1 In an absolutely devastating blow to Lakers fans hoping they could have something go their way this postseason, the Clippers did not fall to Lane Johnson Jersey the Dallas Mavericks in the first round of the playoffs. The Clips defeated the Mavs, 126-111, on Sunday, avoiding an embarra sing series defeat.This isn't a knock on the talented Mavericks, who nearly had Luka Doncic single-handedly drag Dallas kicking and screaming into the second round, but more a shot at Los Angeles. Tyronn Lue's squad intentionally dropped games at the end of the season so that they could avoid playing teams they perceived to be more talented than the Mavs, despite being a lower seed. So, if they ended up losing, the late-season lo ses would look like the team accidentally digging its own grave -- which, for banter's sake, would have been very, very funny. Anyways, here's what helped lift the Clippers into a first-round victory on Sunday.Maloney: Elsewhere in the league, the Atlanta Hawks took Game 1 of their series against the Philadelphia 76ers. As Atlanta teams are wont to do, , but were able to hang on to keep the Atlanta sports fandom's misery focused on losing Julio Jones.3. Serena Williams loses, Roger Federer withdraws at French Open Thanks to an upset and an injury, the French Open will be without two of the biggest names in the sport. , bringing her latest push for a record 24th career Grand Slam singles title to an endRoger Federer was set to play No. 9 seed Matteo Berrettini on Monday, Here was Federer's statement that was posted on Sunday.Federer: While it's an upset in terms of seeding, it's not nece sarily an upset that a young talent was able to best Williams on a clay court. Out of the four Grand Slams, the French Open's clay surface is where the 39 year old struggles the most -- and that's a relative term, of course, as she's won three French Open titles. Andrew Sendejo Jersey But that's a mere half of what she's won on other surfaces.She'll still have Wimbledon and the US Open to try and hit No. 24 of her career, which are gra s and hard-court, respectively.Anyways, it's times like this where I'm glad I'm not a bigger household name or else I'd be getting called out for my poorly-aged article on how Williams with many of the top seeds in the women's bracket falling by the wayside earlier. I've been owned. 4. Recapping Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul Celebrity bouts aren't anything new in the boxing world, but there's something about the recent run of them in the United States that have seen particularly egregious in terms of their blatant cash-grabbing nature. Thus we have the Mayweather-Paul bout in which neither fighter could technically win without scoring a knockout.In fact, there weren't judges ringside to cover this whole event. Those who wanted to keep track of the bout scoring at home likely had Mayweather unsurprisingly defeating the guy famous for making YouTube videos. But in another way you could actually say Paul came out the winner, as he survived eight rounds against a former world champ -- something a lot of us wouldn't be able to claim under similar circumstances.Thankfully, for those who wanted someone who knows what he's talking about judging the fight, our Brent Brookhouse was on hand to give you an unofficial score update Isaac Seumalo Jersey of the main event. He had Mayweather defeating Paul, 79-73, on his unofficial scoring card. You can catch up on all the events of the night, including a fight that involved former All Pro wideout Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson, Odds & EndsThe in what was an instant cla sic. USMNT won 3-2 in extra time, thanks to a clutch goal by Christian Pulisic and an even bigger save by Ethan Horvath in extra time, breaking a record she shared with Clara Schroth Lombady. Truly the gymnastics GOAT. bringing his number down to 0.62. That's the record through nine starts for a stat that has been tracked since 1913. What to watch tonight , 6:30 p.m.| BOS -185 | TV: NBCSN , 7:30 p.m. I NETS -120 I TV: TNT , 10 p.m. I SUNS -200 I TV: TNT Best thing I saw on the internetCredit where credit is due: Eric Sogard made a diving effort towards first in an attempt to reach base safely so that he could help out his team on Sunday. Unfortunately, he forgot an important part of the base-running proce s was, well, touching the base, which he mi sed.

seestyle
Резерва в "Б" група

Назад към Мултита