Mike Macdonald says he has a different personality than form

Ако имате повече от един акаунт пишете тук

Mike Macdonald says he has a different personality than form

Мнениеот seestyle на Чет Мар 21, 2024 8:46 am

After 14 seasons, Pete Carroll's reign as head coach of the has come to an end and it is Mike Macdonald who will now be leading the team. Macdonald spent the last two seasons as the defensive coordinator, creating the league's top scoring defense in 2023.The Seahawks will have a new look going forward, as Macdonald does not plan on mimicking what Carroll has done in Seattle for over a decade. The new head coach had high praise for Carroll and noted the differences between them."Always admired him from afar. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him, his track record," Macdonald said (via ). "He's probably a Hall of Fame Nassir Little Jersey coach. Pete has a great personality but it's his and it's authentic to who he is as a person. I think that's why the players resonate with him and why he has a great reputation, and his track record is what it is. I have a different personality."Macdonald noted that he is not a carbon copy of his predece sor and he will not try to be. "You'll get to know me, but my plan is to be myself every day. You're just going Harry Giles III Jersey to get me. It's not a facade, there's no alternate agendas or anything like that," the 36-year-old said. "It's all about what's the best interest for the team, what's the best interest for the players, and how we can be succe sful. There's a sense of humor in there, I promise. Some people like it more than others, but it will come out. If you're trying to be somebody you're not, one, it's exhausting, and two, people see right through it." Pick Six Mario Hezonja Jersey Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. His specialty is defense and in sticking with his plan on being his authentic self, he is going to play into those strengths with his new team. Macdonald told reporters that his current plan is for him to call the defensive plays."Right now, the plan is I'll be calling the plays," Macdonald said. "Ultimately, I'm the head coach of the football team, so I want to coach the football team. Right now, the best way that we can win, in my opinion, is for me to call the plays, and when it becomes obvious that someone else is ready to go and we see it the same way, then we will make that change." The Ravens faced the Seahawks in 2023 and Macdonald was able to take note of the strengths of his then opposition's defense, which includes , and . Macdonald is optimistic on where these young stars can go from here and does Bill Walton Jersey not believe it will take long for them to be a defense teams Harry Gilles III Jersey fear.In 2023, Seattle was 30th in total defense and 31st against the run, so they could benefit from a strong defensive coach like Macdonald."We went against Seattle this year and there's a lot of great players on this team. We've a great job of drafting -- it's a young corps -- and we have an opportunity to build these guys and build a really competitive team sooner than later," he said. The job won't be easy, but Macdonald could be walking into a much worse situation for his first head-coaching opportunity. And after making the difficult decision to part with Carroll, Schneider couldn't be much happier with who he's secured to lead the Seahawks into a new era.General manager John Schneider has confidence in Macdonald as well as the team, saying, "This is the future right here."

seestyle
Резерва в "Б" група

Назад към Мултита