How I Improved My Progression Of The Montessori Puzzle In on

Тук пишете за всичко останало за което няма отделен форум

How I Improved My Progression Of The Montessori Puzzle In on

Мнениеот upanhmienphidomua на Пет Мар 03, 2023 9:41 am

Montessori Puzzle is often a popular activity with very young children – and for good reason. Not only do they captivate the interests of toddlers and preschoolers, puzzles offer great benefits for cognitive and fine motor development and many are aligned with Montessori.

[b]What makes a Montessori puzzle aligned?[/b]

Puzzles are considered aligned with Montessori if they:

Are simplistic
Focus on one skill
Are self correcting, and
Have a realistic appearance.

Sponsor content - That's good post.

I want to show you about: sensory play 18 month old, baby play ideas 6 months, 10 month old play ideas, busy board australia, montessori busy board

[b]Benefits of Montessori puzzle[/b]

Whether the puzzle has 3 pieces or 500 pieces, the benefits remain. Montessori puzzles foster a child’s cognitive and fine motor development. They promote concentration, coordination, and a sense of order. They facilitate problem-solving skills and encourage the development of spatial awareness. The pincer grasp used to manipulate first puzzles with knobs and pegs is essential to the strengthening and positioning of the hand for the introduction of writing tools. The fine motor control required to successfully complete knobless /pegless and jigsaw puzzles also supports this hand control and muscular development.

[b]Montessori Puzzle progression[/b]

There is a natural progression that can be followed when introducing puzzles to your young child. It is helpful to start with puzzles with large knobs or handles that allow the child to easily grasp each piece to remove and replace it into the base. As the child’s pincer grasp and fine motor skills develop, the knobs/handles become smaller, making the activity more complex.

Sponsor content - This is best news.

I want to show you about: best gifts for baby's first christmas, cute gifts for baby's first christmas, gift ideas for baby's first christmas, benefits of sensory play for babies, educational toys for 2-3 year olds

1. Egg and cup, ball and cup, cube and box puzzles

These are the very first object fitting puzzles introduced to an infant when they are able to sit unassisted, typically around the age of 8-9 months. The egg and cup is typically introduced first, followed by the ball and cup, and finally, the cube and box is presented to the child. These are very tactile puzzles that are three-dimensional. The child fits two solid shapes into one another. Object permanence boxes are also an example of this type of three-dimensional, tactile puzzle for young children.

Изображение Montessori Puzzle

2. Knobbed single-shape puzzles

These single-shaped puzzles are developmentally appropriate for children around 9-12 months old. The knobs make it easier for little fingers to grasp. Introduce each of these puzzles in isolation to allow your child to become familiar with the shape. The suggested sequence is: circle, square, triangle. After your child has mastered each of these puzzles when introduced individually, you can introduce 2, then 3, and finally all 4 at one time to increase the difficulty level as they learn and grow.

Sponsor content - This's nice behaved.

I want to share with you about: baby 1st birthday gift ideas, colour rice for sensory play, newborn baby boy gift hamper, fine and gross motor skills, what are gross motor skills

Montessori PuzzleИзображение

3. Knobbed three-shape puzzle

Introducing a puzzle with more than one piece on the same base is a natural next step in the progression. When these puzzles include all three shapes, the activity allows for consistency from the single-shape puzzles first introduced. The skill isolation is related to shape. For three-shape puzzles including pieces that are all the same shape of varying sizes, the skill isolation is related to size discrimination. Your child may be ready for these types of puzzles around the age of 12-15 months.

4. More complex knobbed shape puzzles

After the child has mastered three-shape puzzles, more complex knobbed shape puzzles that include more than three shapes could be introduced. These puzzles may include varying sizes of all of the same shape or many different shapes. Your child may be ready for these types of puzzles around the age of 15-18 months.

Sponsor content - This is great felling.

I want to show you about: montessori toys for 2 year old, busy board, 3d wooden puzzles australia, montessori toys 1 year old, wooden jigsaw puzzle

5. Knobbed realistic puzzles

Knobbed puzzles that are slightly more complex in shape such as one that shows apples, farm animals, or modes of transportation can be introduced next. These puzzles are still a great size for toddlers, have knobs to support the child’s developing pincer grasp, and feature objects that are likely familiar to the child. Try introducing these types of puzzles to your child around 18-24 months.

Sponsor content - This's lovely idea.

I want to share with you about: handmade wooden toys australia, newborn baby gifts australia, wooden toy kitchen australia, australian made wooden toys, baby shower gifts australia

6. 2-3 piece puzzles

2- and 3-piece puzzles are a great next step in the puzzle progression for children who remain interested. These may be jigsaw puzzles (such as the one linked in the title above) or puzzles with a base. 2- and 3-piece jigsaw puzzles will often allow the child to complete a picture or may encourage them to match related photos such as an adult and child animal or a community helper and the vehicle they drive. 3-piece versions can also help lay the foundation for reading through sequencing. These types of puzzles can be introduced around 24 months.

7. 4-8 piece puzzles

When introducing puzzles with 4 or more pieces, it is a good idea to try to provide some control of error for the child. The puzzle base may have a picture or outline for the child to match and the pieces may be consistent sizes. Your child might be ready for this level of challenge between 2-3 years of age.

8. 8-16 piece puzzles

Transitioning to a puzzle with this number of pieces is usually a pretty big feat for a toddler as it requires much more in-depth problem-solving abilities and trial-and-error. Children typically will not be ready for this level of challenge until 3+ years of age.

If your child is interested in puzzles, the options are limitless. The number of Montessori puzzles is bountiful; from various animals to enhance your child’s study of zoology, to flowers and trees to engage their interest in botany, to continents and biomes to facilitate geographical pursuits – each child is sure to find puzzles they’ll love! You can find some more amazing puzzles in the Puzzle section of our Amazon shop!

Sponsor content - That is lovely post.

I would like to talk about: educational toys for 4 years old girl, 1st birthday gift ideas for baby boy, cute baby boy gifts for baby shower, educational toys for 2 3 year olds, educational toys for 3 4 year olds

[b]What if my child doesn’t like Montessori puzzle?[/b]

It is important to mention that not all young children may be interested in puzzles and that’s ok. Following the child and their interests is a huge part of Montessori; if your child appears disinterested, it is absolutely fine to introduce other materials that appeal to their current interests. However, you may be able to find a puzzle that relates to a current interest your child has such as one that features multiple modes of transportation.

This correlation to their interests may encourage them to engage with a puzzle, but if they remain disinterested, there is no need to feel any pressure to have them complete puzzles. There are so many other amazing Montessori materials for them to explore and enjoy that will suit their current interests!

Sponsor content - That's good behaved.

I want to share with you about: busy boards australia, montessori baby toys australia, toys for montessori, kids busy board, montessori wooden toys

upanhmienphidomua
Юноша

Отбор: 0908800009

Re: How I Improved My Progression Of The Montessori Puzzle I

Мнениеот AnthonyRobinson на Съб Май 13, 2023 10:36 am

Looking for a reliable and affordable stroller for your little one? Look no further than SoftTot Kid's Discount Store! We offer a wide selection of strollers to fit your needs, from lightweight and compact models for easy travel to sturdy jogging strollers for active parents. Our strollers are made with high-quality materials and are designed to keep your baby safe and comfortable while you're on the go. Shop with confidence knowing that you're getting the best value for your money and that SoftTot is a company you can trust.

AnthonyRobinson
Юноша

Отбор: lanka

Назад към ЛафЧе